Luna Blue Studio
Infared Sauna and Salt Spa Therapy
Pricing per session
Pricing per session
10 minutes $15
15 minutes $20
20 minutes $25
25 minutes $30
30 minutes $35
Packages of three save 15%
Health Benefits Of Infared Sauna
Health Benefits Of Infared Sauna
- Promotes the body's natural detoxification process. Deeply penetrating infared heat can help increase circulation, increase blood flow and induce perspiration.
- Heating the body from the core by using infared heat rather than just heating the room like a traditional sauna helps the body regulate the immune function and supports a healthier immune response. Sauna sessions can help boost the body's natural immunity and assists in the support of auto-immune conditions.
- Infared sauna therapy can help muscles repair faster and speed recovery after workouts. Full spectrum infared heat works on each area specifically. NEAR infared heat aids in tissue regeneration, MID infared heat can penetrate joints and connective tissue, improving flexibility and FAR infared heat relaxes muscles, helping to relieve soreness.
- Full spectrum infared therapy can provide deep tissue relief by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation. Specifically, FAR infared therapy has been shown to help with pain from fibromyalgia, auto-immune conditions, arthritis and other conditions where pain management is needed.
- Infared therapy can boost metabolism and aid in fat loss. Specifically, NEAR infared wavelengths can stimulate a sluggish metabolism, aid in fat burning, improve energy levels and reduce excess water weight. Increasing core body heat can increase calorie burn in a similar way to exercise. Obviously this therapy does not replace exercise but is a great compliment to your routine.
- Infared sauna therapy stimulates the release of endorphins and is a healthy way to reduce stress, improve mood and calm the mind. This release of endorphins is similar to the effect on our bodies after exercise sessions, meditation and massage.
- Infared sauna therapy can improve your heart health. Sauna therapy has been shown to improve circulation, reduce blood pressure, and even lower blood sugar levels.
- Infared sauna therapy can help improve the tone and texture of your skin, promote better healing, reduce inflammation and even minimize scarring. In addition, sweating is an effective way to detoxify the skin.
- Our sauna offers chromatherapy or medical grade light therapy. There are multiple benefits to our health connected to color light therapy. Our sauna will cycle through the full spectrum of color or you may select the color you prefer for a specific benefit. Do some research on your own for more information on these benefits. A general reference is included below.
- Our sauna also incorporates halotherapy or Himalayan salt therapy. This type of salt therapy naturally releases negative ions which are further circulated in the sauna by an ion generator and circulating fan. Salt therapy has been shown to improve the lung function, improve breathing conditions such as bronchitis and COPD and promote overall wellness through stress reduction and better breathing.
- This information is a collection of research on the benefits of infared sauna therapy and should not be taken as medical advice or used as a replacement for medical care. All of our clients are encouraged to consult with your physician about your specific health goals and conditions prior to use of the sauna.
Contraindications For Sauna Therapy
- Though Infared sauna therapy is generally regarded as safe, there are some health conditions that may limit the use of our sauna.
- If you are pregnant you should not use the sauna due to the increase in core temperature.
- Children under 16 are not permitted to use the sauna.
- Individuals with metal pins or artificial joints etc. should consult your physician prior to use of sauna.
- If you have a pacemaker you should not use any sauna therapy.
- If you are using any medication for pain or other sensory altering drugs or under the influence of alcohol you are not permitted to use the sauna.
- If you have cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure or other chronic diseases you should consult with your physician prior to use of the sauna.
- If you are experiencing acute pain, injury, fever or bleeding you are not permitted to use the sauna.
- If you have a condition that prevents sweating such as anhydrosis you should not use any sauna.
- If you take diuretic medication it is recommended that you consult your physician prior to a visit in the sauna as this can increase the effects of your medication.
How To Sauna For The Greatest Benefit
- Come to your session very well hydrated. It is recommended that you drink a minimum of 12oz water prior to your session and a minimum of 8oz after your session. This promotes the detoxification process and allows the body to induce sweating more efficiently.
- Begin sauna therapy gradually and increase duration of sessions and temperature of sauna slowly. It is recommended if you are new to sauna therapy that you begin with 10-15 minutes at 100-108 degrees. As you become more comfortable increase your time by about 5 minutes and 5-8 degrees each session. Eventually you can work your way up to a 30 minute session at about 130-135 degrees for maximum benefits.
- Regular sessions in the sauna are more beneficial than hotter, longer sessions. This is not the type of therapy that you "push through". You should be able to comfortably sit in the sauna during your entire session. If at any time during your session you feel unwell, exit immediately and end your session.
- You should gradually increase the time and temperature to what is most comfortable to your body. More frequent sessions at a lower temperature and shorter duration are actually as effective as longer and higher temperature sessions infrequently. This unit is completely customizable for each client. Your comfort level is personal and unique to your body.
- Sweating is the goal of a sauna session and you will want to keep this in mind. Most of us enter the sauna undressed to allow for the most effective sweating. If you are more comfortable in loose fitting clothing then natural fibers such as pure cotton or bamboo are recommended. Keep in mind this is a private, personal sauna so modesty isn't really a consideration. You are completely alone during your session. Tight fitting restrictive clothing is not recommended.,
- A towel is provided for you to sit on and another for you to place your feet on. There will also be a towel for you to use to wipe perspiration from your face etc. as you enjoy the sauna.
- If you have longer hair you will likely be more comfortable with it pulled up off your neck, back and face. Bring a hair elastic or clip to your session with you.
- Deep breathing, meditation and light gentle stretches are a wonderful compliment to your sauna session. You can certainly just lean your head back and relax as well. It's up to you.
- Once you leave the studio we recommend a relaxing soak in your bath or a hot shower to further detoxify the body and cleanse the skin after your session.
So How Is The Sauna Cleaned?
- Sanitation has always been a high priority for us here at the studio but now more than ever.
- Our sauna is constructed of White Cedar which allows for easy cleaning and fast drying for a quick turn around time.
- After each session all contact surfaces are cleaned using our medical grade disinfectant.
- Next, the ion generator is switched to a ten minute ozone cycle which further cleans all surfaces and the air inside by killing bacteria, fungus and viruses.
- Last, fresh towels are misted with a purifying eucalyptus, rosemary, lavender and peppermint blend and placed in the sauna for the next session.
Chromatherapy Light Chart
Red- decreases signs of aging including lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production. increases circulation.
Violet- Increases cell regeneration and reduces inflammation, calms nervous system and has meditative qualities.
Orange- activates and aids in the elimination of toxins stored in fat, assists with lung functions.
Yellow- purify skin, assist metabolism, strengthen nervous and lymphatic system.
Green- associated with harmony and positivity. A calming effect.
Blue- promotes relaxation, relieves headaches, stress, and eases symptoms of pain.
Indigo- a calming, sedating effect
Choose one specific color for your session or just let the light cycle through each color as you relax to benefit from each color in the spectrum.